Monday, October 29, 2007

Writing, writing, writing...

I have started about ten manuscripts -- no, wait -- more than that. I have started 10 midgrade novels, one young adult novel that will probably never make it to print because I would blush every time I read excerpts from it, and a certain select group of people just might sue me, although they would never win because everything I said would be absolutely, 100% true, so help me God! I've written seven picture book manuscripts, several of which were so bad that I blush in shame (What is it with me and blushing!?) at the thought that I once submitted one of them to an editor in its present, deplorable condition and another to a writing friend from write4kids.com who has been published 50 times over and who very delicately and kindly rebuked me for ever thinking it was ready for submission (I do mean kindly. When I laid it aside for a few months and reread what I sent her... well, again... blushing!).

Embarrassment aside, I AM satisfied with my flourishing freelance career. It seems I am much better at writing marketing materials, web copy, direct mail appeals, and magazine articles than I am at writing children's books. So if you ever find yourself in need of a solid marketing campaign or something equally left-brained, I am your man (woman, child, puppy dog, martian... whatever!)

Now let's see if I can get a photo or two uploaded...

Yours -- in sickness and in health,

Megan Elizabeth

No comments: