Saturday, January 5, 2008

I have been remiss!

But I'm back and blogging again. It's January fifth, the evening before Twelfth Night. We always have a twelfth night party at our house. We play old-fashioned parlor games, light candles instead of electric lights, and crown a king and queen of the twelfth night. There are two cakes. One for girls and one for boys. A tiny pea is placed somewhere in the boys' cake and whoever finds it is the king. Inside the girls' cake, there is a tiny bean. Whoever gets the bean is the queen of the twelfth night. They get to boss around everyone and make them bring things to them all evening. It's such fun. 

I'm off to help decorate!

Megan Elizabeth -- alias, Queen of the Twelfth Night!

3 comments:

Write2ignite said...

How did it go?

Sounds fun!

We celebrated the 12 days by giving little gifts every day since Christmas. Then our church celebrated Epiphany today. It was a nice way to tie it all together. :)

hugs,
Donna

Jean said...

Megan,
I'm learning so much about YOU on this blog. You're such a busy and wonderful Mom.

Jean

http://www.jeanmatthewhall.blogspot.com

The Winding Ascent said...

Thank you, Jean! Sometimes I think instead of spending myself on behalf of the poor like the Bible says, I spend myself on behalf of them. I hope they don't end up terribly spoiled!!

: )

Megan