Friday, January 11, 2008

This is not good... Please pray.

My mother was diagnosed with stomach cancer two days ago. I know an 80-year-old woman who has lived a long and healthy life could acquiesce to this condition and leave quietly for her future home. But my mother is a fighter and will probably kick this thing in the hind quarters as hard as she can. But please pray for her. I have a feeling the doctors are writing her off because of her age. But they haven't yet staged the cancer. It could be totally curable. Her name is Nancy, and we covet your prayers on her behalf.

Megan Elizabeth -- desperate in sorrow and triumphant in joy!

3 comments:

The Nester said...

Hello fellow Charlotte blogger. Just thought I'd stop in to meet you! Looking forward to reading more about you. Prayed for you and your Mom. I'll stop by again soon!

The Winding Ascent said...

Who are you, Nester?!?!?

My twin sister, separated from me at birth who just happens to have lost a substantial amount of money recently like we did, is working on a new budget like we are, has remodeled a home like we are (what a mess we're in there), whose favorite movie is Life is Beautiful like mine is (Buongiorno, Principessa!), favorite book is Pride & Prejudice -- also mine, and favorite singing group is Sixpense None the Richer (my fave song of theirs is "Trust in the Lord" because I desperately need to embrace this line: "Don't worry about tomorrow. He's got it under control."

And you homeschool, too????

We need to meet! You are spooking me out! And my interests profile didn't say any of those things. I suppose you like Caedmon's Call and Burlap to Cashmere, too...

Megan

The Nester said...

Dear new best friend, my middle child's name is Cademon (yes we spell it weird) Trust in the Lord--of course the best one! I got chills when I read your reply to me! I just emailed you and asked for your blog address because I'm looney and lost it but, I found it. And Burlap to Cashmere - so underappreciated! Is that a word? Do you listen to 91.9? I've read some of your blog and can't wait to read more. We might have to meet!