Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I won a poetry contest!!! Well, Donna won. But I got second place!!!

I love Jody Mace. Her website is fun. Her kids are funny. She's just overall great. And I am not being paid for this advertisement!

________________________________________

Poetry contest results are in!!

Read all the entries here: http://www.jodymace.com/news/?p=165 Since the topic was “the internet” I chose as a judge my 13-year-old daughter who loves the internet more than me, her dad, and her little brother all combined.

She chose four favorites.

4th place: Donna Koppelman for her haiku:

Blogging has become
The Wailing Wall of our time
Problems on display.

3rd place: Angela for the haiku:

Far across the world
Someone else feels this way, too.
I am not alone.

2nd place: Megan Hoyt
Angela is not alone.

People staring,
stalking, swearing,
everywhere she goes.
Through the long night,
into the morning,
stalking,
talking,
silently creeping,
toward sweet, serene Angela.

Eyes droop,
head falls,
keyboard pillow leaves jkl
on Angela’s forehead.

Pistols cocked,
ready for action.

Angela sleeps,
spammer leaps!

She wakes,
disorder!
mailbox is full,
no one is there.
Robotic spammers
leave a trail
of techo-babble
in their wake.

Sudden silence!

Poised for action,
Angela strikes.
Delete all.
Peace.
Random.
Fragile.
Delicate.

Angela is finally alone.

And the winner of the grand prize…..
Donna Earnhardt for the free verse poem entitled “Virus”

I slink from site to site
sipping in and out
of blogs, journals and email
leaving a trail that is
seen only by SuperGeeks
with their x-ray vision and quarantine tactics
they catch me
and try to contain me
but I won’t be restrained
my clones continue to travel
the infomation highway
looking for unsecure rest-stops
and insecure travelers
who open emails from strangers
download “postcards” from long lost friends
and
visit sites they think no-one knows they visit
but I know
and I
wait,
hungry and crouched
ready to pounce
and devour
the weakest link

Donna Earnhardt and Megan Hoyt: I know where to find you! Donna Koppelman and Angela, can you please email me your mailing address? (to jody at jodymace.com)

1 comment:

Write2ignite said...

yeah baby! Way to go!!!

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow night.