Sunday, November 25, 2007

Vaguely curious?

I was reading this article about "Knowing God" when it hit me. I have been vaguely curious about God lately rather than aggressively pursuing a relationship with him. The busyness of each day prohibits me from carving out the time I should to pray, to sit in solitude and wait, to worship the Creator of the universe. Does he deserve to be worshipped? After all, look at the natural world around us. We see deer in our yard almost every day now. They are beautiful creatures -- fragile and fleeting. I want to cradle them in my arms and love on them. Their beauty is stunning, their gentleness overwhelming. I think it's like that with God sometimes. We want to put a collar around his neck and make him stay near us, to be petted and to inspire love and gentleness within our hearts. Instead, He darts to and fro -- brings His love close, then flits away again. We want -- even crave -- the security that comes from knowing He is always at our beck and call. But He's not. That's scary. But it's the truth. 

I have digressed, but I wanted to share this article with you. It's by Dick Keyes, a friend of a friend of mine and someone we hope to bring to a ChildLight USA conference soon.



1 comment:

Write2ignite said...

Hi friend. :)

Reaching to that deeper place -- that place that seems out of reach --
It's hard.

But He said if we draw near to Him -- He'll draw near to us. We can believe that promise!
I'm glad we're on the journey together. :)

Hugs,
Donna