Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween has come and gone (Yippee! The gone part, I mean...)

It's tough. I mean, we went to the Children's Theatre of Charlotte costume sale and bought about $100 worth of costumes and wigs just for grins. So Halloween comes around, and my kids would kinda like to wear said costumes and go somewhere. And candy is involved. There's always the dreaded pull of sweets. So we had a little talk -- and the kids read my blog -- and we all decided to do the "Walk for Darfur" at Myers Park High School and that next year we just might go door to door asking if our credit scores and costumes might warrant an extra large serving of candy. But that trick or treat business? Still makes no sense to me. 

I am planning on having another series of parties this year if I can just get this house remodeled. We like to celebrate Johann Strauss, Jr.'s birthday by dressing up in period costumes, waltzing, sipping Martinelli's, and acting all dignified. And we usually celebrate Mozart's birthday, too. And Hans Christian Anderson's. We'll come up with pretty much any excuse to have a party -- except Halloween!

Yours -- till death do us part "Muahaha!!!" (Okay, that's about as Halloween-y as I get...)

Megan

P.S. Be on the lookout for Drew and Jesse's latest movie. It will be posted to Youtube momentarily after which time I will post a link here.

No comments: